Monday, May 3, 2010

2 Days 'Til I Leave the Country!


I absolutely cannot believe it. Ryan and I started the Peace Corps process so long ago and every step of the way has been so….unsure... that I do not really believe we are actually starting our adventure in 2 days. Well, 1 day really, as our adventure starts in Miami tomorrow (5/4). I don’t think it will sink in until after we have been in Suriname for awhile.

Our LONG “to do” list is finally checked off and we have been enjoying time with family and friends. We are SO thankful for all the love and support that we have been shown and realize how lucky we are. We have loved every minute of our send-off from CA to MS.

A few days with the Joiner Fam in San Jacinto, CA:

In San Diego for Mexican food and Mulvaney's (my country bar):

A few days in Austin, TX with the BIL & SIL:
Yes, Anne and I rented a giant swan. Be jealous.

And finally a few days in Gulfport, MS and New Orleans, LA with the rest of the Dapremont Fam:
Hmmm warm beignets while we escape the thunderstorm!
My first crawfish boil at the Havers!

I'm just missing pics of the 3 generations of Dapremont men from when we visited Gramps with Doctor Dapremont! Doc or Moks, please send!

Prayers for safe travels are appreciated! Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment