Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day!

As is true with all children, as I grow older I come to understand and appreciate just how challenging and all-consuming motherhood is for a woman. My own mother has never wavered in her love and support for me even in times that I doubted it in my childishness or no matter where I ventured off in the world. I know she is proud of me and will always be there for me no matter what happens, which are two of the most empowering gifts a mother can give her child. I just want her to know that I realize many children are not fortunate enough to have a mom as wonderful as she is and I appreciate her greatly. I love you Mamuschuka!!!
Not only do I have a wonderful birth mom but I am lucky enough to have found an incredible mother-in-law.  She loves me like her own daughter and I cannot express how thankful I am for that. My amazing husband is living proof of her expert mom skills. Happy Mother’s Day, Cecile! I love you!

I would also like to send a special shout out to some new and amazing mothers who are celebrating their very first Mother’s Day- Alysha, Kirstin, Jayme and Rachel. Congratulations all of you! I cannot wait to meet the new additions to the family when I come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment