Monday, September 14, 2009

6 Months

So, yesterday, Ryan and I walked to a costume store by our apartment in search of a good Halloween costume. The shop ended up being a dud, so we continued on in hunt of a Sunday newspaper (we are all about the coupons these days). We found a newspaper stand outside of Yum Yum Donuts where Ryan spotted an ad for “puffies”, delicious looking, little cream puffs. After we went in search of quarters for the stand and ended up finding a newspaper elsewhere, I made him walk back to Yum Yum’s to get those puffies. Sadly, they were out for the day.

This morning I got out of the shower and walked into our room where I discovered a Yum Yum Donuts bag with a card. My adorable husband wrote the sweetest note to commemorate that today is our 6 month wedding anniversary and he went to Yum Yum’s to buy me puffies along with fresh squeezed o.j. on his way back from working out. Let me tell you-the way to this girl’s heart is through her stomach! But more than that, I really appreciated the thought behind it. The only way he knew I wanted those puffies is because he had spent quality time with me going on a walk the day before (quality time is my love language). I love thoughtful & meaningful presents, especially heartfelt cards! I thought that was so sweet. I took a picture of my puffies & o.j. with my phone so I could blog about it later cause they made me so happy.

THEN, I got a call at my desk (later at work) saying that there were flowers for me in the lobby. He had a beautiful bouquet delivered to my work with another sweet note! I love fresh flowers. They especially cheer up my desk at work and make me happy throughout the day.

So, THANK YOU my wonderful husband for making our 6 month anniversary special. You made me feel especially loved and extraordinary like you do every day. I am the lucky one.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 6 month anniversary! Ryan is such a sweetie. I'm really happy for you two. :-) Did the puffies live up to your expectations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay-whit reads my blog! They were pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete