Sunday, November 22, 2009

I love rollerblading!

For those of you who don't know, I love rollerblading!! It is super fun and great exercise. Pretty much I love doing active things besides running, preferably with speed. My favorite is rollerblading on any boardwalk at the beach. Currently, my closest beach is Venice, which is a very entertaining and luxurious place to rollerblade. The last couple of times I've been out, however, have been a bit further inland, much further south... and closer to my roots- SANTEE. We have gone to San Diego frequently in the last month- for Halloween, my best friend Jason's wedding, etc. The tragedy is that I bought new rollerblades (my $5 thrift store ones finally broke) back in September and had barely had time to try them out. So, I convinced my best friend Claire to meet me at Santee Lakes in between our hectic SD schedule. We've done this twice now and I feel a new tradition coming on. It was super fun to go to the lakes (my dad, sister and I used to ride our bikes there from our old house), catch up with Claire, and get some speed on my rollerblades.

ALSO, my adorable husband decided to give rollerblading another go after he swears he almost died attempting rollerskating in his childhood. He is doing FABULOUS and soon we will be a mean, lean, rollerblading machine cruising through Venice Beach together!! I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe I have rollerblades now. Thanks for getting me on them, honey. Te quiero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.
    parc esta eunosville

    ReplyDelete