Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Have A New Job!

In case you haven't heard, I have a new job!! I am working as the Grants Management Assistant at the International Medical Corps (IMC) in Santa Monica (even closer to our apartment than my old job). My passion is really international affairs (hence my degree in International Studies) and it has been my goal to work for an international non-profit for a while now.  However, almost all international non-profits are located in Washington, D.C. or NYC, with only a couple of options in LA. Besides that, the economy has not really helped the hiring process for non-profits in general. For those reasons, I feel extremely blessed and thankful to God for this job, as He truly made everything fall into place.

If you are wondering, the International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. And no, I do not write grants but actually track all of them to help monitor exactly where your buck goes when you donate (IMC has a remarkable record). If you have a minute, you should check them out here: www.imcworldwide.org. IMC is one of the leading U.S. organizations doing amazing work in Haiti.

Tomorrow is the start of my second week, so send me good thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment