Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Husband is Turning Black

Some of you might find that title slightly abrasive. However, being a bi-racial couple, Ryan and I are becoming more and more blunt with what color we are. I would say that is mostly a result of other people's reactions to us, rather than who we inherently are. Some of you might be thinking, “wait, isn't Ryan already black?” I should start writing down a list of all the ethnicities that random people assume Ryan is. Talk about entertainment. I will leave that question to him. Anyways, here is a picture of Ryan in California before we left and here is a recent picture of him. It is truly amazing to me how quickly he tans. After just a few short hours in the sun, he moves like 5 shades down the color scale.
In case any of you are wondering, I am developing a nice, golden tan at a much slower rate with a bazillion new freckles. Sunscreen (next to bug repellent) is my constant companion.

2 comments:

  1. Black isn't an ethnicity... It's an unfortunate misnomer for a racial category in many different ethnic cultures.

    I can't wait to see both of your tans! "(I love freckles)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making that point. That's always been my understanding but other people don't seem to agree. Could you pass that along?

    ReplyDelete