Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Girls

I just came across this AWESOME picture and decided to share it with the world. These are three of my best friends.

Alysha (3rd from the left) and I were randomly assigned to the same suite freshman year of college at Pepperdine (a suite consisted of 4 rooms with 2 people per room & 1 joint living area). After one semester we became rommates and have never looked back. She is my country, chill, loyal, responsible, married for 5 years already, up for anything best friend. I am VERY upset to say that she lives in Colorado and therefore miles away from where she should be-with me.

Valoria (1st on the left) and I were in the same freshman seminar class at Pepperdine-the social action and justice colloquial. Not too far into the class a bunch of people were talking about partying and I discovered that she also didn't drink. She seemed nice and chill. I, of course, walked right up to her and told her that we should be friends. And so we were. :) She is my deep conversation, honest, she'll ask anything at any time, hardworking, passionate best friend. She got married 2 months after I did, so we now have to share each other with our husbands....so far it's working out but we'll see.

Claire (furthest to the right) and I fell in love in Argentina (it's so exotically romantic!) our sophomore year while studying abroad through Pepperdine's international program (Alysha & Valoria both stayed in Malibu that year). She is my responsible, artistic, keeps me in line, likes to have a good time as long as there are rules, no nonsense best friend. She and I are currently living out each other's location dreams-I in LA and her in SD. We were roommates for almost 4 years before we left each other for our hubbies.

(all three were bridesmaids at my wedding)

I love these girls. They each represent a part of who I am. They each have incredible and unique attributes and talents that they offer their husbands, families, friends and the world at large. I am so blessed to have them in my life, to learn from and to grow with. I know they will all impact this world in a wonderfully gigantic way and I am excited to be a witness.

4 comments:

  1. Awww what a great post!! We do have wonderful memories together, and more to make of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Linds!! I love you and miss you so much. Multi-cultural friends forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, we really should have that graduation picture framed! It really is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that pic is great!

    ReplyDelete